This post is meant to mark how grateful I am for finding the courage to try something new, to putting myself out there and to living a live that is full of different and diverse experiences.
I was too tired last night to write this post, but I will not let the day go unmentioned, especially because it was such a good day. I spent the day relaxing, but in the evening I tried two new experiences I had never tried before. The first was a free shop at the local Co-op. It is an event where people exchange clothes and whatever is left over gets donated. I had never been to that place before, I didn’t even really know what I would find there, but I kept reminding myself that even if I don’t like it, I can always leave. Because nothing is without solution for as long as you are alive.
So, even if stepping into a place where I had never been before seemed scary, I did it. I had an awesome partner in “textile crime” with me and together we found amazing things to wear and some of the stuff I donated got picked up! That really made my day, thinking that someone will enjoy stuff that I had lost the interest in. And I was very surprised to meet awesome people that I already knew there! 😀 My only regret is that I did not spend more time getting to know folks, but I plan on doing something about it the next time I am there. Afterwards, we went to a Drag Queen Night at the local gay bar and that was so much fun. I wish I could have stayed till the end, but I am certainly going back for more.
I feel happy that I went to new places and tried new experiences. I love gathering memories that make life interesting and put a smile on your face when you look back. Because no matter what happens, no matter where you go, no matter what you lose along the way, those beautiful memories will stay with you. It is why I love collecting mementos, pics and to remember fragments of dialogue that I write down. Those are the most valuable things I own.
So I am really grateful that I have decided to put myself out there. And that I have amazing people in my life that want to join me, to be there with me, to experience the same things. And if you, too, want to collect memories and try new experiences, here are a few of the things I have tried:
- make a list of the parks in your city and go for a walk in each one of them
- make it a goal to visit every museum in your city; plan one visit each weekend and get to know the treasures of your own home
- try the events on Facebook, because they always offer nice suggestions for you
- subscribe to newsletters from different ticket companies; they will send you emails about events that they are selling tickets to and you might find out about something you would have never considered attending
- go in the cities and places close to your city; if you don’t have a car, maybe join up with an adventure seeking friend who does have one or try the train; you don’t have to spend a lot of money or leave for a whole week to feel like you are on holiday for the weekend!
Hope these suggestions help and feel free to add some of your own that I might try myself!